Table of Contents
Sign Of Receiving Holy Spirit
When Do You Receive Tongues?
After Water Baptism
- Peter answered them, “Every one of you must repent and be baptized in the name of Jesus the Messiah for the forgiveness of your sins. Then you will receive the Holy Spirit as a gift. Acts 2:38 ISV
How Do You Get Tongues?
- If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him!” Luke 11:13 NKJV
- If you, then, being evil [that is, sinful by nature], know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask and continue to ask Him!” Luke 11:13 AMP
Laying on of hands
Wonderfulness of Tongues
- he who speaks in a tongue does not speak to men but to God 1 Cor 14:2 NKJV
- the one speaking in a tongue speaks to God. 1 Cor.14:2 BLB
COMMENT: To summarise, he who speaks in a tongue speaks to God! How wonderful is that? When we pray in words we may wonder whether God has heard us or not. With tongues we never have to doubt that as we are speaking directly to God. Read: Prayer transforms us
- He who speaks in a tongue 1edifies himself 1 Corinthians 14:4 NKJV
- The one who speaks in a tongue builds up himself 1 Corinthians 14:4 BSB
- by the Spirit he speaks mysteries [secret truths, hidden things]. 1 Corintians 14:2 AMP
from the same as 3619; to be a house-builder, i.e. construct or (figuratively) 2confirm:–(be in) build(-er, -ing, up), edify, 3embolden.
2confirm: Are you wavering? Speak in tongues.
3embolden: Do you lack boldness? Speak in tongues.
Frequency Of Use
- I thank God that I speak in tongues 1more than all of you.
1 Corinthians 14:18 BSB
- I thank God that I speak in [strange] tongues (languages) more than any of you or all of you put together 1 Corinthians 14:18 AMP
1Possibly the secret of Paul’s spirituality and fruitfulness. If GOD uses others more than you, could it not be that they did something more than you that caught His attention? Read: No Favouritism
Pray with Words & Tongues
- I will pray with the spirit [by the Holy Spirit that is within me] and I will pray with the mind [using words I understand]; I will sing with the spirit [by the Holy Spirit that is within me] and I will sing with the mind [using words I understand]. 1 Corinthians 14:15 AMP
COMMENT: Pray in your language followed by tongues.