Table of Contents
When God created man, he created them with three parts; spirit, soul and body.
- of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die.” Genesis 2:17 NKJV
COMMENT: We know that when Adam and Eve sinned, they did not die physically. They died spiritually.
Spiritual death - The state of all unforgiven sinners
- And you [He made alive when you] were [spiritually] dead and separated from Him because of your transgressions and sins Eph 2:1 AMP
- even when we were [spiritually] dead and separated from Him because of our sins, He made us [spiritually] alive together with Christ (for by His grace—His undeserved favor and mercy—you have been saved from God’s judgment). Eph 2:5 AMP
Spiritual Rebirth - Becoming Born Again
- Jesus answered him, “I assure you and most solemnly say to you, unless a person is born again [reborn from above—spiritually transformed, renewed, sanctified], he cannot [ever] see and experience the kingdom of God.” John 3:3 AMP
- you have been born again [that is, reborn from above—spiritually transformed, renewed, and set apart for His purpose] not of seed which is perishable but [from that which is] imperishable and immortal, that is, through the living and everlasting word of God. 1 Peter 1:23 AMP
COMMENT: When one becomes Born Again, he becomes spiritually alive.
Soul leaves body at death
Destiny (future) for souls
Question for ourselves
May perish while on earth
Will be transformed eventually
- But our citizenship is in heaven, and from it we await a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, who will transform our lowly body to be like his glorious body, by the power that enables him even to subject all things to himself. Phil 3:20-21 ESV
- So is it with the resurrection of the dead. What is sown is perishable; what is raised is imperishable. It is sown in dishonor; it is raised in glory. It is sown in weakness; it is raised in power. It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body. 1 Corinthians 15:42-44 ESV